Caring for your Silver
Like all beautiful things, our jewellery changes with time and wear. The shine of your silver will soften and textures will mellow and develop a subtle shine. These changes are a natural characteristic of the materials and are not considered faulty.
The rate at which these changes occur depend on the care they are given and the frequency they are worn. VDM Silver jewellery with love by following the below instructions to keep your piece in premium condition.
- Remove your jewellery before showering, sleeping, and swimming, cleaning or working with your hands. There are many reasons for this – to prevent scratches, to avoid damage to your silver from chemicals, and also to keep your jewellery and gem stones free from soap residue and build up.
- Clean your jewellery regularly. To do this, dilute a small amount of mild dishwashing detergent in warm water and gently wash your jewellery. A soft bristled toothbrush can be used to gently clean the piece. Soak for up to 10 minutes, rinse and then pat dry with a clean, soft cloth. We don’t recommend using silver polishing liquids or chemical cleaners to clean our jewellery.
- Do not expose your jewellery to perfumes, hairsprays, or creams. They can tarnish your silver and damage the precious metal.
- Do not expose your jewellery to household bleaches, cleaners, chlorinated water or salt water. These chemicals will damage your silver. This is why it is important to take your jewellery off before cleaning or swimming.
- Do not clean textured pieces with silver polishing cloths. The polishing compound in the cloths will blacken the texture.